CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 13, 2008

Mid East Meal


Today I had a craving for humus! So I quickly made some. Then I went to the store to get whole wheat pita bread. While I was at it, I made some seasoned bulgar, sliced up some cucumber and washed some grapes. Here is a picture of our mid-day meal...and the recipe I used to make the humus. This humus is excellent!

Humus

1 clove garlic, cut in pieces
1 can garbanzo beans (15 oz.), half the liquid reserved and save about 8 beans for garnish
4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons tahini
1/2 teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon olive oil

Put all in blender and blend until smooth.
Spoon into a low flat bowl and drizzle some olive oil on it. Sprinkle with paprika, a bit of black pepper, and chopped parsley or cilantro,. Garnish with the garbanzo beans and some black olives. Serve with the freshest pita bread you can find.

Enjoy! Serves 3 or 4 people.

1 comments:

Fox and Amy said...

Mmm...yummy! What if you don't have tahini?