CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 24, 2022

IRISH APPLE CAKE

 While reading one of John's journal's, I saw a list iof his recent favorite foods. One was Irish Apple Cake. I will type it here since some of my children were curious about it. I found the recipe today in a random plastic bag of old recipes I used to use.


I can also call this recipe: "Got Applesuce"? or..."Got Egg Yolks?"


IRISH APPLE CAKE

3 cups sifted all purpose unbleached flour

3/4 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 egg yolks

1 cup butter

grated rind of one lemon (Optional)

2  1/2 cups applesauce

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon cloves

~~~~~~~~~

Mix flour, sugar, salt, egg yolks, lemon rind and press 1/2 of this mixture into a greased 9 x 9 x 3/4 " pan or 9  x  13" pan.

Mix applesauce, cinnamon, cloves and spread on top of dough and spread on top of dough.

Sprinkle remaining crumbly mixture over apple sauce.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes

Top with whipped cream or lemon sauce.

- Jackie Grover






0 comments: